In this session we learn how a hobby for computer games and graphics led to a notable visual effects business headed by Tobias Richter based in Cologne, Germany called “The Light Works”. His company is now used by main industry clients such as Atari, CBS Digital and Lucas Arts as well as indie film producers for quality visual effects.
Download the MP3 file
Discover in this episode:-
– Tobias has an amazing working environment, filled with sci-fi physical models that act as a great reference to creating virtual ones.
– How physical model building is a useful discipline for virtual modeling.
– How The Light Works company started.
– The secrets of how high quality visual effects are created on a relatively small budget.
– Tobias’s main tools and workflow.
– The Light Works involvement in Star Trek Phase II.
– Tobias and Fedcon – a major annual Star Trek convention in Germany.… Read the rest