This session’s podcast has a wonderful interview with Paolo Ciccone, author of the reality software for Poser and Daz studio which helps these applications take advantage of the incredible LuxRender engine, allowing photo realism for Poser renders. Version 3 of this popular software is about to be released on the 8th April 3013. See Preta3D.com for details.
Paolo originates from the city of Trieste in Italy and originally worked as a software engineer for Borland before entering into the digital arts world with Reality. He has over 30 years’ experience as a software developer.
In this interview we cover:-
- Paolo’s legacy and origins including his studies at the Art Institute of Trieste.
- The PC revolution and how Paolo took advantage of it with a career as a software engineer.
- Paolo’s take up and promotion of Blender.
- His discovery of the LuxRender engine and desire to bridge this photo-realistic engine with Blender, Daz Studio and Poser.
- How the first version of Reality took the market by storm and how it has developed as a product since.