In this session I interview a British artist called Deedee Davies who creates some outstanding artwork with Carrara Pro, Vue, Poser Pro and Photoshop.
Have you ever wondered how to create art with impact, especially for media such as book covers? Deedee reveals some tips on this and other great resources as she talks about her artwork.
I hope you enjoy the interview with Deedee and take a look at her portfolio at www.3dfantasyart.co.uk/
You can download the podcast
In the interview we cover:-
- How to create art with impact. Does less really mean more? eBook covers Vs physical book covers.
- Trying to gain decent colour palettes in your scenes; using complementary colours. Deedee mentions the tool http://colorschemedesigner.com/
- “Too little emotion and your character looks like a shop window dummy, too much and they look crazed.”. Using the Liquify tool in Photoshop to overcome this.
- What was it like for Deedee when she gained her first commissions and in helping to sell stories and novels for authors with her book cover artwork?.
- Deedee picks two of her favourite book cover commisions. What was the journey like in creating these, what did she learn by the end of completing them?
- If you feel compelled to do so, leave us a review on iTunes!
- If you have an aspect of Poser that you need to learn in more depth, try our Poser Workshop webinar
- Check out Deedee’s Photoshop Liquify tool tutorial
- Visit Deedee’s website – take the Vampire personality test
- If you are professional digital artist, that has an interest in webinars – contact me to partner on producing webinar content on 3D Art Live. 50% shared profit scheme available.